Denny Holmes, President/CEO, Fitness is your Life and Fitnessisyourlife.com.
Denny has been featured in or written articles for:
- Muscle & Fitness
- People Magazine
- Teen Sports
- The Los Angeles Times
- City Sports of San Francisco.
- The San Jose Mercury News
- Sports Talk, KNBR radio, SF, CA.
- Cliff Wells, Nutrition today, TV show, SF, CA.
- TV News Stations, San Francisco, CA Channels 2, 4, 5 & 7 (Denny is speaking on Bodybuilding and physical fitness.).
- “Pumping Iron” movie (Denny’s gym & name appear in credits (Denny’s first Building show he produced is part of the movie.).
In the Fitness Industry as:
- Author (“Secrets of Weight Training & Nutrition”.).
- Fitness Club Owner, “Denny’s “The Boddy Shoppe”, SF, CA)
- Strength & Conditioning Coach (Sports Specific, i.e., Football, Wrestling, etc..).
- Fitness Product Design Engineer & Manufacturing Director of Nationally & Internationally distributed Products.
- Fitness Expert & Manufacturing Mgr. in the Infomercial Industry – 2 consecutive years with a No.1 Selling Fitness Products.
- Consultant; University of Florida Gators, training facilities. Denny worked with strength coach on facilities strength products.
- High School Wrestling Coach (South San Francisco High School).
Seminars and Presentations given:
“Fitness In The Work Place”
“The ABC’s of Fitness”
“Fit for Golf”
“Fitness is your Life”
Denny has been giving seminars to fortune 100 companies and academic institutions such as the University of California, Berkeley, CA., and throughout California for over 35 years.
Trophies & Awards:
- Mr. Iron Man 1st place (AAU)
- Mr. California, 3rd place, winner of “Best Ab’s” (AAU)
- Mr. California, 2nd place (IFBB)
- Mr. Western America 5th place (AAU)
- Mr. America 9th place (AAU)
- Denny was given the “Certificate of Merit Award” from the IFBB, (Internal Federation of Bodybuilder’s.), for uniting the AAU with the IFBB and received a letter of recognition and thanks from the Senior Board of the AAU. His actions allowed both AAU & IFBB contestants/members to compete in contests that were dual sanctioned by each organization from that day forward.
Denny produced & Directed 5 major Bodybuilding Shows – Each show had the top stars of the day. The first show in 1975, is shown below.
Guest poser list:
- Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Jack LaLann
- Jimmy Payne
- Franco Columbu
- Lou Ferrigno
- Ed Corney
- Ken Waller
- Sergio Oliva
- Kal Szkalak
- Lee Labrada
- Janice Reagan
- Roby Robinson
Arnold…….. trained at my gym when he was in San Francisco and did so much for me and the young group of men and women at the gym, many were still in high school, and of course no one ever did more for the popularity of bodybuilding.
Arnold and I had similar experiences as young men and bodybuilding was the tool we used to build our bodies to help us compete in our lives. Anyone that has competed nationally has had to go through the planning and the fortitude, day after day to produce a body to make it to that level of competition, as it does in any sport at that level. But much more than that bodybuilding developed our character, compasion and perseverance which took Arnold to the notoriety and success that few men in history have ever had. It took me places I never dreamed possible.
Thank you Arnold.
My mission has been and continues to be a forum for individuals wanting true, tried and tested facts about how one goes about becoming truly fit (Nutritionally, physically and mentally.). Including, developing habits on how to continue to be fit with techniques I have used for all the years I have had the pleasure of coaching and training. Most importantly watching those individuals change their lives and find themselves as they then build incredible lives.
This website, “Fitness is your Life” is dedicated to all of the men and women who helped me in so many ways along the way. All the bodybuilders that were my inspiration during my formative years, also all those I worked with, students, athletes, doctors, nutritionists, scientists, manufacturers, and professionals in every walk of life that allowed me into their lives. I hope that I can do a service for each of them in bringing all the valuable information they gave so freely and pass it along in the years ahead.
A special thank you to all of you who have seen me 20, 30 and 40 years later and let me know how much it meant to have someone give them something they were able to use and motivate them to build a life they never thought possible – I have loved you all and you have given me a gift every coach dreams of – helping men and women change their lives for the better.